[
    {
        "page": 1,
        "items": [
            {
                "page": 1,
                "type": "TEXT",
                "location": {
                    "l": 33.12,
                    "t": 721.68,
                    "r": 566.16,
                    "b": 694.32
                },
                "text": "The seventh regular meeting of the 2018-2019 Faculty Senate took place on Monday, 26 November 2018, at 3:10pm in 123 Hathaway Hall.",
                "reading_order": 0
            },
            {
                "page": 1,
                "type": "TEXT",
                "location": {
                    "l": 101.28,
                    "t": 684,
                    "r": 509.76,
                    "b": 672.0919
                },
                "text": "NAME Attendance Department Office",
                "reading_order": 1
            },
            {
                "page": 1,
                "type": "TEXT",
                "location": {
                    "l": 101.28,
                    "t": 660.1838,
                    "r": 509.76,
                    "b": 648.2757
                },
                "text": "Shawn Lucas PRESENT Ag, Communities, and Env Academic Policies",
                "reading_order": 2
            },
            {
                "page": 1,
                "type": "TEXT",
                "location": {
                    "l": 101.28,
                    "t": 648.2757,
                    "r": 509.76,
                    "b": 636.3677
                },
                "text": "Leigh Whittinghill PRESENT Ag, Communities, and Env Chair, Curriculum",
                "reading_order": 3
            },
            {
                "page": 1,
                "type": "TEXT",
                "location": {
                    "l": 101.28,
                    "t": 636.3677,
                    "r": 509.76,
                    "b": 624.4596
                },
                "text": "Richard Cristan PRESENT Ag, Communities, and Env",
                "reading_order": 4
            },
            {
                "page": 1,
                "type": "TEXT",
                "location": {
                    "l": 101.28,
                    "t": 624.4596,
                    "r": 509.76,
                    "b": 612.5515
                },
                "text": "Ken Semmens PRESENT Agu and Aquatic Sci Vice Chair, Bud & Ac",
                "reading_order": 5
            },
            {
                "page": 1,
                "type": "TEXT",
                "location": {
                    "l": 101.28,
                    "t": 612.5515,
                    "r": 509.76,
                    "b": 600.6434
                },
                "text": "Herman Walston PRESENT Fam and Cons Sci Professional Concern",
                "reading_order": 6
            },
            {
                "page": 1,
                "type": "TEXT",
                "location": {
                    "l": 101.28,
                    "t": 600.6434,
                    "r": 509.76,
                    "b": 588.7353
                },
                "text": "Erin Gilliam (Parliamentarian) EXCUSED Soc and Beh Sci Vice Chair, Acad Pol",
                "reading_order": 7
            },
            {
                "page": 1,
                "type": "TEXT",
                "location": {
                    "l": 101.28,
                    "t": 588.7353,
                    "r": 509.76,
                    "b": 576.8272
                },
                "text": "Mara Merlino (Vice President) EXCUSED Soc and Beh Sci Professional Concern",
                "reading_order": 8
            },
            {
                "page": 1,
                "type": "TEXT",
                "location": {
                    "l": 101.28,
                    "t": 576.8272,
                    "r": 509.76,
                    "b": 564.9191
                },
                "text": "Jyotica Batra EXCUSED Math and Comp Sci Academic Policies",
                "reading_order": 9
            },
            {
                "page": 1,
                "type": "TEXT",
                "location": {
                    "l": 101.28,
                    "t": 564.9191,
                    "r": 509.76,
                    "b": 553.0111
                },
                "text": "Clifton Wise PRESENT Math and Comp Sci Professional Concern",
                "reading_order": 10
            },
            {
                "page": 1,
                "type": "TEXT",
                "location": {
                    "l": 101.28,
                    "t": 553.0111,
                    "r": 509.76,
                    "b": 541.103
                },
                "text": "Caroline Gibson PRESENT Hum and Perf Arts Chair, Prof Concern",
                "reading_order": 11
            },
            {
                "page": 1,
                "type": "TEXT",
                "location": {
                    "l": 101.28,
                    "t": 541.103,
                    "r": 509.76,
                    "b": 529.1949
                },
                "text": "Marlin McKay PRESENT Hum and Perf Arts Chair, Acad Policies",
                "reading_order": 12
            },
            {
                "page": 1,
                "type": "TEXT",
                "location": {
                    "l": 101.28,
                    "t": 529.1949,
                    "r": 509.76,
                    "b": 517.2868
                },
                "text": "Helen Smith (Secretary) PRESENT Hum and Perf Arts Secretary,Curriculum",
                "reading_order": 13
            },
            {
                "page": 1,
                "type": "TEXT",
                "location": {
                    "l": 101.28,
                    "t": 517.2868,
                    "r": 509.76,
                    "b": 505.3787
                },
                "text": "Dantrea Hampton PRESENT Library Vice Chair, Curriculum",
                "reading_order": 14
            },
            {
                "page": 1,
                "type": "TEXT",
                "location": {
                    "l": 101.28,
                    "t": 505.3787,
                    "r": 509.76,
                    "b": 493.4706
                },
                "text": "Rene Desborde PRESENT Bus and Tech Budget and Ac Sup",
                "reading_order": 15
            },
            {
                "page": 1,
                "type": "TEXT",
                "location": {
                    "l": 101.28,
                    "t": 493.4706,
                    "r": 509.76,
                    "b": 481.5626
                },
                "text": "Jason Keeler PRESENT Edu and Hum Dev Secretary, Acad Pol",
                "reading_order": 16
            },
            {
                "page": 1,
                "type": "TEXT",
                "location": {
                    "l": 101.28,
                    "t": 481.5626,
                    "r": 509.76,
                    "b": 469.6545
                },
                "text": "Phillip Clay PRESENT Edu and Hum Dev Chair, Bud & Ac Sup",
                "reading_order": 17
            },
            {
                "page": 1,
                "type": "TEXT",
                "location": {
                    "l": 101.28,
                    "t": 469.6545,
                    "r": 509.76,
                    "b": 457.7464
                },
                "text": "Li Lu PRESENT Nat Sci Vice Chair, Prof Con",
                "reading_order": 18
            },
            {
                "page": 1,
                "type": "TEXT",
                "location": {
                    "l": 101.28,
                    "t": 457.7464,
                    "r": 509.76,
                    "b": 445.8383
                },
                "text": "Bruce Griffiths EXCUSED Nat Sci Secretary, Bud & Ac",
                "reading_order": 19
            },
            {
                "page": 1,
                "type": "TEXT",
                "location": {
                    "l": 101.28,
                    "t": 445.8383,
                    "r": 509.76,
                    "b": 433.9302
                },
                "text": "Rebecca McCoy Nur and Health Sci Curriculum",
                "reading_order": 20
            },
            {
                "page": 1,
                "type": "TEXT",
                "location": {
                    "l": 101.28,
                    "t": 433.9302,
                    "r": 509.76,
                    "b": 422.0221
                },
                "text": "Lisa Turner PRESENT Nur and Health Sci Budget and Ac Sup",
                "reading_order": 21
            },
            {
                "page": 1,
                "type": "TEXT",
                "location": {
                    "l": 101.28,
                    "t": 422.0221,
                    "r": 509.76,
                    "b": 410.114
                },
                "text": "Robert Griffin PRESENT At-large (Hum and Per) Curriculum",
                "reading_order": 22
            },
            {
                "page": 1,
                "type": "TEXT",
                "location": {
                    "l": 101.28,
                    "t": 410.114,
                    "r": 509.76,
                    "b": 398.206
                },
                "text": "Joe Moffett (President) PRESENT At-large (Hum and Per)",
                "reading_order": 23
            },
            {
                "page": 1,
                "type": "TEXT",
                "location": {
                    "l": 101.28,
                    "t": 398.206,
                    "r": 509.76,
                    "b": 386.2979
                },
                "text": "Debbra Tate PRESENT At-large (Library) Secretary, Prof Con",
                "reading_order": 24
            },
            {
                "page": 1,
                "type": "TEXT",
                "location": {
                    "l": 101.28,
                    "t": 386.2979,
                    "r": 509.76,
                    "b": 374.3898
                },
                "text": "Allison Young At-large (Ag, Coms, En) Professional Concern",
                "reading_order": 25
            },
            {
                "page": 1,
                "type": "TEXT",
                "location": {
                    "l": 101.28,
                    "t": 374.3898,
                    "r": 509.76,
                    "b": 362.4817
                },
                "text": "Swagata Banerjee PRESENT At-large (Bus and Tec) Academic Policies",
                "reading_order": 26
            },
            {
                "page": 1,
                "type": "TEXT",
                "location": {
                    "l": 101.28,
                    "t": 362.4817,
                    "r": 509.76,
                    "b": 350.5736
                },
                "text": "Non-Senator Committee Members",
                "reading_order": 27
            },
            {
                "page": 1,
                "type": "TEXT",
                "location": {
                    "l": 101.28,
                    "t": 350.5736,
                    "r": 509.76,
                    "b": 338.6655
                },
                "text": "Nkechi Amadife Academic Policies",
                "reading_order": 28
            },
            {
                "page": 1,
                "type": "TEXT",
                "location": {
                    "l": 101.28,
                    "t": 338.6655,
                    "r": 509.76,
                    "b": 326.7574
                },
                "text": "Ken Andries PRESENT Ag, Communities, and Env Curriculum",
                "reading_order": 29
            },
            {
                "page": 1,
                "type": "TEXT",
                "location": {
                    "l": 101.28,
                    "t": 326.7574,
                    "r": 509.76,
                    "b": 314.8494
                },
                "text": "Changzheng Wang Ag, Communities, and Env Curriculum",
                "reading_order": 30
            },
            {
                "page": 1,
                "type": "TEXT",
                "location": {
                    "l": 101.28,
                    "t": 314.8494,
                    "r": 509.76,
                    "b": 302.9413
                },
                "text": "William Welsh Budget and Ac Sup",
                "reading_order": 31
            },
            {
                "page": 1,
                "type": "TEXT",
                "location": {
                    "l": 101.28,
                    "t": 302.9413,
                    "r": 509.76,
                    "b": 291.0332
                },
                "text": "Mike Unuakhalu PRESENT Budget and Ac Sup",
                "reading_order": 32
            },
            {
                "page": 1,
                "type": "TEXT",
                "location": {
                    "l": 101.28,
                    "t": 291.0332,
                    "r": 509.76,
                    "b": 279.1251
                },
                "text": "Farida Olden Ag, Communities, and Env Professional Concern",
                "reading_order": 33
            },
            {
                "page": 1,
                "type": "TEXT",
                "location": {
                    "l": 101.28,
                    "t": 279.1251,
                    "r": 509.76,
                    "b": 267.217
                },
                "text": "Guests (in order of sign-in)",
                "reading_order": 34
            },
            {
                "page": 1,
                "type": "TEXT",
                "location": {
                    "l": 101.28,
                    "t": 267.217,
                    "r": 509.76,
                    "b": 255.3089
                },
                "text": "John Sedlaceck PRESENT Ag, Communities, and Env Chair",
                "reading_order": 35
            },
            {
                "page": 1,
                "type": "TEXT",
                "location": {
                    "l": 101.28,
                    "t": 255.3089,
                    "r": 509.76,
                    "b": 243.4009
                },
                "text": "Tierra Taylor PRESENT BSS Chair",
                "reading_order": 36
            },
            {
                "page": 1,
                "type": "TEXT",
                "location": {
                    "l": 101.28,
                    "t": 243.4009,
                    "r": 509.76,
                    "b": 231.4928
                },
                "text": "Beverly Schneller PRESENT Academic Affairs Vice Provost",
                "reading_order": 37
            },
            {
                "page": 1,
                "type": "TEXT",
                "location": {
                    "l": 101.28,
                    "t": 231.4928,
                    "r": 509.76,
                    "b": 219.5847
                },
                "text": "Lauren Graves PRESENT Academic Affairs Director IE",
                "reading_order": 38
            },
            {
                "page": 1,
                "type": "TEXT",
                "location": {
                    "l": 101.28,
                    "t": 219.5847,
                    "r": 509.76,
                    "b": 207.6766
                },
                "text": "Dorothy Campassi PRESENT PUA/SOW/COE Staff",
                "reading_order": 39
            },
            {
                "page": 1,
                "type": "TEXT",
                "location": {
                    "l": 101.28,
                    "t": 207.6766,
                    "r": 509.76,
                    "b": 195.7685
                },
                "text": "Lucian Yates III PRESENT Academic Affairs Provost",
                "reading_order": 40
            },
            {
                "page": 1,
                "type": "TEXT",
                "location": {
                    "l": 101.28,
                    "t": 195.7685,
                    "r": 509.76,
                    "b": 183.8604
                },
                "text": "Stashia Emanuel PRESENT Academic Affairs Vice Provost",
                "reading_order": 41
            },
            {
                "page": 1,
                "type": "TEXT",
                "location": {
                    "l": 101.28,
                    "t": 183.8604,
                    "r": 509.76,
                    "b": 171.9523
                },
                "text": "Ibukun Amusan PRESENT Math Faculty",
                "reading_order": 42
            },
            {
                "page": 1,
                "type": "TEXT",
                "location": {
                    "l": 101.28,
                    "t": 171.9523,
                    "r": 509.76,
                    "b": 160.0443
                },
                "text": "Kim Sipes PRESENT Academic Affairs Deputy Provost",
                "reading_order": 43
            },
            {
                "page": 1,
                "type": "TEXT",
                "location": {
                    "l": 101.28,
                    "t": 160.0443,
                    "r": 509.76,
                    "b": 148.1362
                },
                "text": "David Shabazz PRESENT Humanities Chair",
                "reading_order": 44
            },
            {
                "page": 1,
                "type": "TEXT",
                "location": {
                    "l": 101.28,
                    "t": 148.1362,
                    "r": 509.76,
                    "b": 136.2281
                },
                "text": "Peter Smith PRESENT Humanities Faculty",
                "reading_order": 45
            },
            {
                "page": 1,
                "type": "TEXT",
                "location": {
                    "l": 101.28,
                    "t": 136.2281,
                    "r": 509.76,
                    "b": 124.32
                },
                "text": "Kirk Pomper PRESENT Land Grant Director",
                "reading_order": 46
            },
            {
                "page": 1,
                "type": "TEXT",
                "location": {
                    "l": 33.12,
                    "t": 112.56,
                    "r": 414,
                    "b": 97.44
                },
                "text": "1.  Call to Order: The meeting was called to order at 3:14pm, with quorum.",
                "reading_order": 47
            },
            {
                "page": 1,
                "type": "LIST_ITEM",
                "location": {
                    "l": 32.88,
                    "t": 87.36,
                    "r": 387.84,
                    "b": 72.24
                },
                "text": "2.  Approval of Agenda: The Agenda was approved without changes.",
                "list_id": "L1",
                "level": 0,
                "reading_order": 48
            }
        ]
    },
    {
        "page": 2,
        "items": [
            {
                "page": 2,
                "type": "LIST_ITEM",
                "location": {
                    "l": 33.84,
                    "t": 707.52,
                    "r": 553.44,
                    "b": 681.36
                },
                "text": "Approval of Minutes of the 12 November 2018 Faculty Senate Meeting: The minutes were approved without changes.",
                "marker": "3.",
                "list_id": "L1",
                "level": 0,
                "reading_order": 0
            },
            {
                "page": 2,
                "type": "LIST_ITEM",
                "location": {
                    "l": 36,
                    "t": 671.7514,
                    "r": 534.2326,
                    "b": 656.579
                },
                "text": "Faculty Senate President Report: Senate President Joe Moffett reported on the following issues:",
                "marker": "4.",
                "list_id": "L1",
                "level": 0,
                "reading_order": 1
            },
            {
                "page": 2,
                "type": "LIST_ITEM",
                "location": {
                    "l": 33.6,
                    "t": 464.88,
                    "r": 518.4,
                    "b": 452.4
                },
                "text": "Curriculum Committee – Leigh Whittinghill: Chair Whittinghill reported on the following items:",
                "marker": "5.",
                "links": [
                    {
                        "uri": "http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=0013Ce6_eMXH6oqowwuXI0da28ihU48_hmmq0aWnoB3OwhZ7URUv7uKOkj5xIusaWR6y0Ot3fP8PXG8rSL_cjyr2e_BIl_qYUnXJ_9JpmtgX3sJ90Y5nyoySM-Fc8biTLGfDdv7xPahn0kpedo2aehHkazOfKRshYSlDrFPTFQgZWRTDpnE0cAt5jo6qF6yra-QHBZRRZcY4pe9R2hSijuKLMsMLrB6ZJ5ZC8hEqYLS7ls=&c=eZ3U5-gaEbcxXd5xnBaGaPrvyXmm8xblwI9X_SbfGiVN6v5ek9Lkwg==&ch=iu6V5tIEImVQLsaq3FELTOgFASvXwj2ESsREpMw2Xm6FtGIuzq5kZA==",
                        "dest": null,
                        "action_type": "/URI",
                        "bbox": [
                            69.75,
                            439.441,
                            327.384,
                            452.831
                        ]
                    }
                ],
                "list_id": "L1",
                "level": 0,
                "items": [
                    {
                        "page": 2,
                        "type": "LIST_ITEM",
                        "location": {
                            "l": 54,
                            "t": 658.428,
                            "r": 541.1628,
                            "b": 630.541
                        },
                        "text": "The Title III Director was not able to attend today’s meeting, but will be attending a future Senate meeting",
                        "marker": "•",
                        "list_id": "L1",
                        "level": 1,
                        "reading_order": 0
                    },
                    {
                        "page": 2,
                        "type": "LIST_ITEM",
                        "location": {
                            "l": 50.88,
                            "t": 630.24,
                            "r": 568.56,
                            "b": 528.72
                        },
                        "text": "Moffett was asked to share a flyer about the launching of the Quality Enhancement Program (QEP). The launch will be from 11am-12:30pm in HH 112. Vice Provost Beverly Schneller said the event is a Q&A session and an opportunity for members of the QEP committee to address faculty questions and to learn about the QEP and how it might fit into other campus programs. The committee has not yet finalized the QEP proposal, so this is a good time to get faculty feedback. The QEP is a focused effort to support student learning, institutional effectiveness and the student experience. We must have a sustained project that will improve the life of the campus. Once the time frame of the QEP project is over, there are some parts of it that will remain in place.",
                        "marker": "•",
                        "list_id": "L1",
                        "level": 1,
                        "reading_order": 1
                    },
                    {
                        "page": 2,
                        "type": "LIST_ITEM",
                        "location": {
                            "l": 50.88,
                            "t": 528,
                            "r": 568.32,
                            "b": 477.12
                        },
                        "text": "Next Thursday, 12/6, is the Board of Regents meeting. Typically, the Senate President is given some time to update the Board on the work of Senate. Moffett asked senators to let him know if they have any issues they'd like him to mention in his report to the Board. The meeting will be on campus, not at the Farm.",
                        "marker": "•",
                        "list_id": "L1",
                        "level": 1,
                        "reading_order": 2
                    },
                    {
                        "page": 2,
                        "type": "LIST_ITEM",
                        "location": {
                            "l": 51.12,
                            "t": 451.68,
                            "r": 572.4,
                            "b": 401.76
                        },
                        "text": "CC 18-19.07 Gerontology Course Number Changes: This is a course number change of 600- and 700-level courses to master's-level courses. This change must be implemented in advance of the program launch. The program and courses have been approved but not yet put in the catalogue. This is just an error that needs to be corrected.",
                        "marker": "•",
                        "links": [
                            {
                                "uri": "http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=0013Ce6_eMXH6oqowwuXI0da28ihU48_hmmq0aWnoB3OwhZ7URUv7uKOkj5xIusaWR6y0Ot3fP8PXG8rSL_cjyr2e_BIl_qYUnXJ_9JpmtgX3sJ90Y5nyoySM-Fc8biTLGfDdv7xPahn0kpedo2aehHkazOfKRshYSlDrFPTFQgZWRTDpnE0cAt5jo6qF6yra-QHBZRRZcY4pe9R2hSijuKLMsMLrB6ZJ5ZC8hEqYLS7ls=&c=eZ3U5-gaEbcxXd5xnBaGaPrvyXmm8xblwI9X_SbfGiVN6v5ek9Lkwg==&ch=iu6V5tIEImVQLsaq3FELTOgFASvXwj2ESsREpMw2Xm6FtGIuzq5kZA==",
                                "dest": null,
                                "action_type": "/URI",
                                "bbox": [
                                    69.75,
                                    439.441,
                                    327.384,
                                    452.831
                                ]
                            }
                        ],
                        "list_id": "L1",
                        "level": 1,
                        "items": [
                            {
                                "page": 2,
                                "type": "LIST_ITEM",
                                "location": {
                                    "l": 69.36,
                                    "t": 400.8,
                                    "r": 336,
                                    "b": 388.08
                                },
                                "text": "VOICE VOTE: unanimous yes with no abstentions",
                                "marker": "▪",
                                "list_id": "L1",
                                "level": 2,
                                "reading_order": 0
                            }
                        ],
                        "reading_order": 3
                    },
                    {
                        "page": 2,
                        "type": "LIST_ITEM",
                        "location": {
                            "l": 52.56,
                            "t": 375.12,
                            "r": 549.6,
                            "b": 336.72
                        },
                        "text": "CC 18-19.10 Change to PHE 389: The department wishes to change this course from a two credit course to a three credit course. It doesn't fit in well with the rest of the electives in terms of course credits for the program, and they can't teach all of the curriculum in two credit hours.",
                        "marker": "•",
                        "links": [
                            {
                                "uri": "http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=0013Ce6_eMXH6oqowwuXI0da28ihU48_hmmq0aWnoB3OwhZ7URUv7uKOkj5xIusaWR6yDWF1Q8T-P_-RGw9qXiKx2bLJE1Ln3iCCI0evVkP5grgRP01NXTUpeGf7E-SrO9mJuKGGWQsNo7zkzZ9h0W_DPRyGX8F-m12ldRddAibFQOeKlt4NQJXlVGRx5vgDOcjfZVZuYkAEKkoNRJQP8zSZ653D460NkcdWWwvOcD0cPg=&c=eZ3U5-gaEbcxXd5xnBaGaPrvyXmm8xblwI9X_SbfGiVN6v5ek9Lkwg==&ch=iu6V5tIEImVQLsaq3FELTOgFASvXwj2ESsREpMw2Xm6FtGIuzq5kZA==",
                                "dest": null,
                                "action_type": "/URI",
                                "bbox": [
                                    69.75,
                                    362.806,
                                    237.521,
                                    376.197
                                ]
                            }
                        ],
                        "list_id": "L1",
                        "level": 1,
                        "items": [
                            {
                                "page": 2,
                                "type": "LIST_ITEM",
                                "location": {
                                    "l": 68.64,
                                    "t": 336.48,
                                    "r": 336.96,
                                    "b": 324.24
                                },
                                "text": "VOICE VOTE: unanimous yes with no abstentions",
                                "marker": "▪",
                                "list_id": "L1",
                                "level": 2,
                                "reading_order": 0
                            }
                        ],
                        "reading_order": 4
                    },
                    {
                        "page": 2,
                        "type": "LIST_ITEM",
                        "location": {
                            "l": 51.36,
                            "t": 311.76,
                            "r": 573.36,
                            "b": 273.6
                        },
                        "text": "CC 18-19.11 Courses to Replace IGS Sequence: These are the three courses to come out of the QEP. These will eventually replace the IGS sequence. They will be rolled out in sequence during the pilot stage alongside the IGS courses. This will start fall 2019. These will be required courses.",
                        "marker": "•",
                        "links": [
                            {
                                "uri": "http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=0013Ce6_eMXH6oqowwuXI0da28ihU48_hmmq0aWnoB3OwhZ7URUv7uKOkj5xIusaWR6lNKPIXlcw3zhxIfKeDNx_sPcyLFQobatCRANzGMTkZyyMmuxPXtfdAfdjXVFDxg0A0PhHezSMJ-bJVvixdo5i_vpkSkUo0WURtMsuSuHqvdZEHYDmpA3Pup4fwsPIMxWG7HmRuvsSEaip22bMO5s021zp9MjSCSDHH5JtIHVA_s=&c=eZ3U5-gaEbcxXd5xnBaGaPrvyXmm8xblwI9X_SbfGiVN6v5ek9Lkwg==&ch=iu6V5tIEImVQLsaq3FELTOgFASvXwj2ESsREpMw2Xm6FtGIuzq5kZA==",
                                "dest": null,
                                "action_type": "/URI",
                                "bbox": [
                                    69.75,
                                    298.821,
                                    310.884,
                                    312.211
                                ]
                            }
                        ],
                        "list_id": "L1",
                        "level": 1,
                        "reading_order": 5
                    }
                ],
                "reading_order": 2
            },
            {
                "page": 2,
                "type": "TEXT",
                "location": {
                    "l": 50.88,
                    "t": 289.92,
                    "r": 571.92,
                    "b": 72.96
                },
                "text": "stage alongside the IGS courses. This will start fall 2019. These will be required courses.\nMoffett asked, what if the courses don't work out? Schneller responded that then we will go back to the drawing board. Moffett asked, would this be a new discipline at the university, with the intention that these classes aren't going to add more hours onto the core? Schneller responded that each course will have its own focus. A senator asked if students would take these classes when they are freshman. Guest Peter Smith responded that the courses have to be taken in sequence: ENG 101 is a prerequisite for Hum 200, and then each course in the sequence is a prerequisite for the one that follows. A student might not get to the end of the sequence until the end of his junior or senior year, but that's okay because the third course is a capstone course. The seniors in the class could mentor those sophomores and juniors in the class. Moffett asked, who would be the faculty teaching these courses? Smith responded, we haven't gotten that far yet. It would have to be someone comfortable with teaching interdisciplinary material and working on course development. We will put out a call for faculty and see who's interested and willing to work on the HUM sequence. Faculty from different disciplines would work with the class teams on different projects in the 300-level course. A Senator asked if students will now have to take IGS and HUM classes. Smith responded, no, the new HUM classes will be cross listed with the IGS classes. A Senator stated that there was",
                "reading_order": 3
            }
        ]
    },
    {
        "page": 3,
        "items": [
            {
                "page": 3,
                "type": "LIST_ITEM",
                "location": {
                    "l": 88.32,
                    "t": 681.84,
                    "r": 355.2,
                    "b": 669.84
                },
                "text": "VOICE VOTE: unanimous yes with no abstentions",
                "marker": "▪",
                "list_id": "L2",
                "level": 0,
                "reading_order": 0
            },
            {
                "page": 3,
                "type": "LIST_ITEM",
                "location": {
                    "l": 50.64,
                    "t": 656.64,
                    "r": 568.08,
                    "b": 617.76
                },
                "text": "Whittinghill reminded senators to have all the required signatures on forms submitted to Curriculum Committee, and also syllabi and course ladders for course changes. Details of what is required are all in the instructions on the New Course and Course Change documents on the Senate website.",
                "marker": "•",
                "list_id": "L2",
                "level": 0,
                "reading_order": 1
            },
            {
                "page": 3,
                "type": "TEXT",
                "location": {
                    "l": 104.88,
                    "t": 719.76,
                    "r": 555.12,
                    "b": 682.56
                },
                "text": "a music course that satisfied an IGS requirement. He asked if that course will be eliminated. Smith replied, no, it will also be cross listed. About five years down the line, rather than requirements, those kinds of courses might become electives.",
                "reading_order": 2
            },
            {
                "page": 3,
                "type": "LIST_ITEM",
                "location": {
                    "l": 36,
                    "t": 607.788,
                    "r": 553.8133,
                    "b": 592.619
                },
                "text": "Professional Concerns Committee – Caroline Gibson : Chair Gibson reported on the following items:",
                "marker": "6.",
                "list_id": "L3",
                "level": 0,
                "reading_order": 3
            },
            {
                "page": 3,
                "type": "LIST_ITEM",
                "location": {
                    "l": 54,
                    "t": 594.348,
                    "r": 572.1367,
                    "b": 528.6711
                },
                "text": "PCC drafted a survey for area coordinators. She asked Senators to look at the draft survey that was sent out as part of the Faculty Senate meeting notice last week. She asked Senators to let her know if they have suggestions for changes or comments. PCC wants Senate feedback before they finalize and disseminate the survey. Their goal is to come up with a uniform definition of the area coordinators’ responsibilities to establish a basis and rationale for compensation.",
                "marker": "•",
                "list_id": "L3",
                "level": 0,
                "items": [
                    {
                        "page": 3,
                        "type": "LIST_ITEM",
                        "location": {
                            "l": 86.88,
                            "t": 528.96,
                            "r": 554.64,
                            "b": 504.24
                        },
                        "text": "Moffett asked Gibson if Senators have a deadline to respond to PCC about the survey. She replied that they need responses from senators before winter break.",
                        "marker": "▪",
                        "list_id": "L3",
                        "level": 1,
                        "reading_order": 0
                    }
                ],
                "reading_order": 4
            },
            {
                "page": 3,
                "type": "LIST_ITEM",
                "location": {
                    "l": 51.6,
                    "t": 502.56,
                    "r": 571.44,
                    "b": 452.64
                },
                "text": "They invited a faculty member with concerns about parking to their meeting; there seems to be no enforcement on students parking in faculty areas. The campus police are not ticketing – this may be because there are not enough staff to issue parking tickets. The committee is going to ask the Chief of campus police to speak with them about this issue.",
                "marker": "•",
                "list_id": "L3",
                "level": 0,
                "items": [
                    {
                        "page": 3,
                        "type": "LIST_ITEM",
                        "location": {
                            "l": 86.88,
                            "t": 451.92,
                            "r": 566.4,
                            "b": 415.2
                        },
                        "text": "■ A committee member explained that there are unregistered cars parking on campus. The committee is concerned about the lack of police presence on campus: there seem to be fewer police on patrol.",
                        "marker": "▪",
                        "list_id": "L3",
                        "level": 1,
                        "reading_order": 0
                    },
                    {
                        "page": 3,
                        "type": "LIST_ITEM",
                        "location": {
                            "l": 87.12,
                            "t": 414,
                            "r": 559.44,
                            "b": 351.84
                        },
                        "text": "A senator noted that part of the parking issue is the construction on campus. He said that it's hard enough to get visitors to come up on the hill, so we should be more welcoming and not ticket visitors. Gibson responded that the faculty member who initially spoke with PCC about this issue expressed the concern because he was late for class due to students parking in faculty spaces.",
                        "marker": "▪",
                        "list_id": "L3",
                        "level": 1,
                        "reading_order": 1
                    },
                    {
                        "page": 3,
                        "type": "LIST_ITEM",
                        "location": {
                            "l": 87.36,
                            "t": 350.88,
                            "r": 466.08,
                            "b": 338.88
                        },
                        "text": "Another Senator stated that faculty parking is also a problem at Chapelle.",
                        "marker": "▪",
                        "list_id": "L3",
                        "level": 1,
                        "reading_order": 2
                    },
                    {
                        "page": 3,
                        "type": "LIST_ITEM",
                        "location": {
                            "l": 86.64,
                            "t": 338.16,
                            "r": 545.52,
                            "b": 313.92
                        },
                        "text": "Another Senator asked, why can't they notify people before they close a lot off? This is an inconvenience to everyone who parks in the lot.",
                        "marker": "▪",
                        "list_id": "L3",
                        "level": 1,
                        "reading_order": 3
                    }
                ],
                "reading_order": 5
            },
            {
                "page": 3,
                "type": "LIST_ITEM",
                "location": {
                    "l": 33.84,
                    "t": 313.44,
                    "r": 519.36,
                    "b": 300.48
                },
                "text": "7. Academic Policies Committee – Marlin McKay: Chair McKay reported on the following items:",
                "marker": "7.",
                "list_id": "L3",
                "level": 0,
                "reading_order": 6
            },
            {
                "page": 3,
                "type": "LIST_ITEM",
                "location": {
                    "l": 48.96,
                    "t": 299.76,
                    "r": 570.96,
                    "b": 224.64
                },
                "text": "Due to the holiday and scheduling conflicts, APC conducted a virtual meeting. They discussed the issue of the dual credit courses: the previous Tuesday, dual credit faculty had met with Dual Credit Coordinator Vince Mattox, as well as with the principal and teachers at FHS to discuss how dual credit courses and deadlines will work within KSU's current structure. One issue that came up was the final grades submission due dates. The committee will work to list the DC grades due dates on the academic calendar.",
                "marker": "•",
                "list_id": "L3",
                "level": 0,
                "items": [
                    {
                        "page": 3,
                        "type": "LIST_ITEM",
                        "location": {
                            "l": 84.72,
                            "t": 223.92,
                            "r": 574.8,
                            "b": 71.04
                        },
                        "text": "A Senator asked, what is happening with the winter term and all those mini-mesters and the 65 students who need to graduate? McKay replied that those items were approved by Senate and sent to the Provost. Provost Lucian Yates explained that for the winter term, we didn't have enough time to set up registration and financial aid, but we will be having the extreme spring break term and the May-mester in Spring 2019. Moffett asked, what about the 8-week sessions? Yates responded that we will look at 8-week sessions for next fall. Schneller added that she has an upcoming meeting with Gregory Rush, the Special Assistant for Financial Accountability, to work on the details of the Crossing the Finish Line Program, which is the program to graduate those 65 students in the pipeline. She said that they are also looking at the midterm grades for these students. Moffett asked if the list of the 65 students has been shared with faculty. Schneller responded that the list has been shared with the deans and chairs and also the students' advisors.",
                        "marker": "▪",
                        "list_id": "L3",
                        "level": 1,
                        "reading_order": 0
                    }
                ],
                "reading_order": 7
            }
        ]
    },
    {
        "page": 4,
        "items": [
            {
                "page": 4,
                "type": "LIST_ITEM",
                "location": {
                    "l": 33.84,
                    "t": 707.76,
                    "r": 557.04,
                    "b": 695.04
                },
                "text": "Budget and Academic Support Committee – Phillip Clay : Chair Clay reported on the following items:",
                "marker": "8.",
                "list_id": "L4",
                "level": 0,
                "reading_order": 0
            },
            {
                "page": 4,
                "type": "LIST_ITEM",
                "location": {
                    "l": 36,
                    "t": 709.668,
                    "r": 555.0298,
                    "b": 694.499
                },
                "text": "Budget and Academic Support Committee – Phillip Clay : Chair Clay reported on the following items:",
                "marker": "8.",
                "list_id": "L4",
                "level": 0,
                "items": [
                    {
                        "page": 4,
                        "type": "LIST_ITEM",
                        "location": {
                            "l": 54,
                            "t": 696.348,
                            "r": 575.1763,
                            "b": 630.5496
                        },
                        "text": "At their meeting, the committee discussed the classroom survey. They have developed a classroom inventory checklist which includes wireless access, projectors, classroom- and facility-related concerns and environmental concerns. The IT Department will be reviewing the checklist before it is finalized. The checklist will be used to improve scheduling and the classroom environment. The committee hopes to have the survey finalized next week.",
                        "marker": "•",
                        "list_id": "L4",
                        "level": 1,
                        "reading_order": 0
                    },
                    {
                        "page": 4,
                        "type": "LIST_ITEM",
                        "location": {
                            "l": 51.6,
                            "t": 630,
                            "r": 574.08,
                            "b": 605.04
                        },
                        "text": "E-textbooks: various members of the committee felt like the new system is now working. They have set up a time to meet with Ms. Jones to discuss PD opportunities.",
                        "marker": "•",
                        "list_id": "L4",
                        "level": 1,
                        "reading_order": 1
                    },
                    {
                        "page": 4,
                        "type": "LIST_ITEM",
                        "location": {
                            "l": 51.84,
                            "t": 604.32,
                            "r": 572.16,
                            "b": 567.12
                        },
                        "text": "The committee had five questions about the instructional budget which were sent to Mr. Rowley. We're still waiting on the instructional budget – what it looked like in the past and what it will look like going forward.",
                        "marker": "•",
                        "list_id": "L4",
                        "level": 1,
                        "reading_order": 2
                    },
                    {
                        "page": 4,
                        "type": "LIST_ITEM",
                        "location": {
                            "l": 51.6,
                            "t": 565.44,
                            "r": 529.92,
                            "b": 540.96
                        },
                        "text": "The committee is hoping to speak to University President Brown about his views on academic enhancement, i.e. anything that will improve learning.",
                        "marker": "•",
                        "list_id": "L4",
                        "level": 1,
                        "items": [
                            {
                                "page": 4,
                                "type": "LIST_ITEM",
                                "location": {
                                    "l": 87.12,
                                    "t": 540,
                                    "r": 574.56,
                                    "b": 501.36
                                },
                                "text": "A Senator asked, was attention given to the question of indirect cost recovery? Clay replied that the committee is meeting with Mr. Derrick Gilmore, Deputy Provost about this issue. Moffett noted that the University Ombudsman, Wilfred Reilly, is also working on this issue.",
                                "marker": "▪",
                                "list_id": "L4",
                                "level": 2,
                                "reading_order": 0
                            }
                        ],
                        "reading_order": 3
                    }
                ],
                "reading_order": 1
            },
            {
                "page": 4,
                "type": "LIST_ITEM",
                "location": {
                    "l": 33.6,
                    "t": 489.84,
                    "r": 516.96,
                    "b": 476.88
                },
                "text": "Faculty Ombudsman Report : Ombudsman Wilfred Reilly being absent, no report was made.",
                "marker": "9.",
                "list_id": "L4",
                "level": 0,
                "reading_order": 2
            },
            {
                "page": 4,
                "type": "LIST_ITEM",
                "location": {
                    "l": 34.32,
                    "t": 464.16,
                    "r": 144,
                    "b": 451.68
                },
                "text": "Other Business",
                "marker": "10.",
                "list_id": "L4",
                "level": 0,
                "items": [
                    {
                        "page": 4,
                        "type": "LIST_ITEM",
                        "location": {
                            "l": 50.16,
                            "t": 450.48,
                            "r": 574.32,
                            "b": 375.12
                        },
                        "text": "A Senator stated that he has received for the fifth time a request for SLO's on a different form. He asked, why are we required to give this information yet again? Lauren Graves, Director of Institutional Effectiveness, replied that there was a template sent to all the chairs and deans; what is needed for SACS is the measurement tool, the criteria for success, and the use of results. The templates are to be uploaded into the AA SharePoint. She added that this information was due on 11/15, and Academic Affairs is missing quite a few submissions.",
                        "marker": "•",
                        "list_id": "L4",
                        "level": 1,
                        "reading_order": 0
                    }
                ],
                "reading_order": 3
            },
            {
                "page": 4,
                "type": "LIST_ITEM",
                "location": {
                    "l": 45.84,
                    "t": 374.64,
                    "r": 576,
                    "b": 119.28
                },
                "text": "A Senator noted that the situation with the graduate students' applications has not changed; he still has not seen any applications. Schneller replied that Academic Affairs has pulled the applications that have come in and sent them to the appropriate department. Vice Provost Stashia Emanuel added that they are going into the [graduate application?] account and having each department house their own information. Part of the issue, she explained, is that they are receiving GRE's and other exam scores and prospective students are listing programs like \"astrophysics,\" which KSU doesn't have, so they're having to go in and figure out which department to send those applications to. She stated that she has been going to in the graduate account and sending out applications to departments. She requested that graduate faculty email her if they have students who they know have applied or sent letters of interest, and she will look for those materials. She will send the incomplete files—which have just the applications—to the departments so they can reach out to the students. Yates added, the person we hired to help with graduate admissions has now gone to undergraduate admissions. A Senator pointed out that each prospective graduate student has an application, the fee, the scores, and any correspondence between the university and that prospective student. How can all that material be organized in the current structure? Emmanuel replied that she will work with Provost Yates to ensure that each application goes to the prospective program. Yates pointed out that the Board Of Regents eliminated the graduate program before he joined the administration. He added that we need to figure out how to make this change work within the departments. He stated that he will willingly meet with anyone to facilitate a conversation about making this happen. He will call a meeting with all the graduate programs—a working meeting to solve this issue once and for all.",
                "marker": "•",
                "list_id": "L4",
                "level": 0,
                "reading_order": 4
            },
            {
                "page": 4,
                "type": "LIST_ITEM",
                "location": {
                    "l": 33.84,
                    "t": 108.96,
                    "r": 304.32,
                    "b": 95.28
                },
                "text": "11.  Adjournment: The meeting adjourned at 4:02pm.",
                "marker": "11.",
                "list_id": "L4",
                "level": 0,
                "items": [
                    {
                        "page": 4,
                        "type": "LIST_ITEM",
                        "location": {
                            "l": 142.08,
                            "t": 84,
                            "r": 507.12,
                            "b": 69.84
                        },
                        "text": "Minutes respectfully submitted by Helen Smith, Faculty Senate Secretary",
                        "marker": "-",
                        "list_id": "L4",
                        "level": 1,
                        "reading_order": 0
                    }
                ],
                "reading_order": 5
            }
        ]
    }
]